We hope to see you at our next Foodstand Spotlight with Slow Money NYC on Monday, June 1st. Reserve a spot with the discount code: FOODSTANDFRIEND. Can’t join us in person? We’ll be live-streaming so you can participate from wherever you are. RSVP here to join the live stream.
And now, onto our show…
1. Tues, May 19th, 7PM | Room & Board NY | 236 West 18th Street | Manhattan
Book signing with Carla Hall
Swing by to see our friends at Room & Board for Carla Hall’s book signing for her book Cooking with Love, now out in paperback.
2. Wed, May 20th, 6:30PM | Impact Hub NY | 394 Broadway, 5th floor | Manhattan
TECH TO TABLE: Innovations in a Sustainable Food Value Chain
Foodstand will join Food+Tech Connect, Clean Plates, Modern Meadow, and Barnraiser to discuss innovative ways to bring us back to a better food system. The panel will cover direct-to-consumer platforms that democratize sustainable food, enabling better access and transparency for all. The event is organized by the Sustainable Business Committee at Columbia Business School.
3. Wed, May 20th, 6PM-8PM | Jimmy’s No. 43 | 43 East 7th St | Manhattan
Jimmy’s Cocktail Classics- Town Branch Bourbon
Our friends at Jimmy’s 43 are back in business after the tragic East Village Fire. Swing by for a tasting of Town Branch Bourbon and a lesson in cocktail-making. Proceeds from this event will support Slow Food NYC.
4. Thurs, May 21st, 9AM – 7PM | BakeSpace, INC | 873 Broadway, Suite 301 | Manhattan
TechMunch NYC Food Blogger Conference
TECHmunch is the traveling conference that helps food and lifestyle bloggers learn the skills they need to succeed and take their blogs to the next level. You can even catch Foodstander Evi Abeler on one of the panels!
5. Sat, March 23rd, | Everywhere!
March Against Monsanto
Whether you care about transparency in our food system or accessibility of organic foods, some of you may be interested in participating in the March Against Monsanto this Saturday. Marches are occurring all over the world, so take a look here to find the nearest one.
And looking ahead… Summer Classes at Farm School NYC are now open!
- Plant Health: July 29 – August 8, 2015 on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Crop Management: June 24 – July 25, 2015, on Wednesdays and Saturdays